Kia mau ki te whenua hei
oranga mō te iwi.
Rotomā No. 1 Incorporation (Rotomā) was established in 1908 by the Māori Land Court to administer the 6,637 acres on the shore of Lake Rotomā known as the Rotomā No. 1 Block. An initial register of 207 owners has now grown to over 2,400.
Kia mau ki te whenua hei oranga mō te iwi
To protect, manage and enhance the Rotomā No. 1 Incorporation land and assets to the best advantage of the shareholders and their descendants.
Standing strong and proud on our whenua
The whenua sustains the hapū
Utilisation of all the whenua
All shareholders have a connection with the whenua
Increase the wealth of shareholders
Incorporation OR a descendant of the nominated tupuna of a Whānau Trust.